Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Musings


Hello everyone!  

 After almost a month of being laid up with health crappola (that's a technical term, don't ya know), I'm full of new found determination and ready to push forward with life, art and daily adventures in finding my bliss.  First and foremost, I'm ready to launch my first set of online classes, Personal & Potent-Art Journaling From the Heart, To Feed the Soul. 

This week I'll be choosing my hosting site. I want the virtual classroom to be easily accessible, password protected so students feel comfortable sharing their work, have some type of forum for community chit chat and easy to upload content to.  A tall request I know, but it is a must! As soon as my choice is made, I'll post all the sign up deets here!


Those of you who receive the newsletter know I included a journal prompt in it. The prompt was: Describe one time when you were brave.
If you used the prompt in any way, feel free to post a link to it in the comments section!  I'd love to see what your Muse inspired you to do! 


Almost finished painting of one of my 'Glam Girls' 
I started with a quick pencil sketch, then added color with Copic Marker.
 The face was painted with acrylics mixed with a little medium.
The background is Tombow marker spread with water to create a wash.


Journal page from May 13. 
The tape along the left side is handmade Washi. 
I used wide masking tape, acrylic paints and a stencil to make a bunch. 
Why buy tape when it's so easy to create your own?


I've been practicing my lettering skills, 
learned in Letter Love 101 with Joanne Sharpe. 
This banner, on heavy watercolor paper, hangs in my studio window now.
A wonderful reminder for me!!!


Hope you all have a wonderful, creative week!
Until next time, May The Muse Be With You!
-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!