Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Musings

 Hello all!

 As I write this all I can think about are the people killed and injured in Boston today. A day of celebration was turned into a day of sadness and disaster thanks to people who felt the need to explode bombs in a crowded place. My mind cannot wrap itself around this. Just like it has never been able to wrap itself around what happened September 11, 2001. I will never understand such senseless cruelty. Such desire to terrorize others. Especially since I lead my life from a place of love and caring. A place where my greatest desire is to help others empower themselves. The desire to hurt others is beyond me.

ART & CLASSES:  My week in art was a busy one. There was much time spent on journaling and painting. Even more spent on writing class descriptions and lessons. I'm hoping to launch my first online classes by the first or second week in May. Putting this all together is time consuming, takes a lot of creative thought and faith. Faith in myself, in my ability to put together art based programs people will want to be a part of. I may be new at online teaching, but I know I will do it right. I have faith, after all.

NEWSLETTER: Tomorrow or Wednesday my first newsletter will be sent out. I'm including a link to a free collage sheet. My thanks for signing up to receive the weekly missive! If you haven't signed up yet, the link is on the right-hand side of this blog. Go for it, so you can keep up with my news, receive free goodies and discount coupons for workshops. Thanks!

MY WEEK IN ART:  These are some of my recent journal pages.

Proud to fly my freak flag! are you?


Love the colors and imagery in this one. 


This one is doodliscious! Most of the writing is done on her hair.

My Sweetling. Sweetlings are mixed-media paper dolls, taught by Effy Wild
This one is done, except for the quote I'm adding. 

That's all for today! It's been an emotional day and I feel the need for rest.

Until next time, many blessings!
-Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!